My Mac OS X Software
- A FITS file mdimporter for Spotlight. Requires OS X 10.4, of course. Unzip the archive and see the README file for instructions. Warning: This is very rough alpha-quality code.
- A Sidereal Clock for Mac OS X that I wrote. Now includes Dashboard widget!
IDL SoftwareMy IDL software has its very own page.
Other Astronomical Software
- This perl script, submit_prepare.pl, automates some tedious aspects of preparing submissions for ApJ or ArXiV.org (astro-ph), including compliance with ApJ filename rules and automatic re-compression of images to meet ArXiV's 1 MB file size limit.
- Data reduction and exposure calculation code for IRCAL, the science camera for the Lick Observatory Adaptive Optics system, can be found at my IRCAL page.
- Need to drive a Hawaii2 infrared detector using a Leach/ARC Generation II controller? Check out the software I wrote for our KERMIT camera.
- I've recently started using Matthew Britton's excellent Arroyo AO simulation library. I've written up some notes on using Arroyo.
- ljcrop is a lossless jpeg cropping tool for Linux. (Actually, it's a Tcl/TK GUI front-end for jpegtran.)
- My online photo album software is a MySQL/PHP solution for displaying lots of photos online.